Saturday, August 2, 2014

Eat hearty......Winter is coming

Keeping in the theme of "eating more than usual for the triathlon" Knute cooked Josh and I an amazing meal from the Game of thrones cookbook the other day.  I don't know the recipes, and they obviously have a copywrite, so here's a link to the cookbook if you're interested.  I've thumbed through the book and the recipes are amazing.  I'll be buying it eventually.


First on the list was a honeyed wine from across the narrow sea, just like Khalesi would drink... This consisted of a cheap bottle of white zin, about 3 tblsp of honey and some line juice.  Don't they look like queens?


For the meal we had almond crusted trout from House Tully and a Sansa salad with homemade raspberry vinaigrette.  It was incredible!


Finally, we had lemon cakes.  They might be the most incredible baked good I've ever made.  They were really simple to make.  Knute made them but I'm pretty sure they were butter, flour, sugar and lemon zest.  Amazing!







No comments:

Post a Comment